Miranda's Organic Hand Sanitizer
Sometimes you can't get to a sink for a thorough cleanse, or maybe the store is all sold out of hand sanitizer thanks to a newly raging pandemic (stay safe out there y'all!).
Thanks to my *amazing* friend and brand ambassador Miranda, here's a super quick, really cheap (once you have the ingredients!) recipe for a natural, organic alternative to the synthetic fragrances and harsh alcohols you'll find in the store. It's super moisturizing, doesn't leave your hands sticky, and dries pretty quickly with some hand waving. Also, with the added bonus of essential oils, you'll be even more protected from the various nasties you encounter during the day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- ½ teaspoon glycerin
- ~15 drop of essential oil
- Filtered water
- Travel size spray bottle (you can find these for $1 at Target!)
- Small funnel (not necessary but very useful!)
This recipe is super easy and has been a hit with my husband (who is super finicky with anything that goes on your skin/hands. Lotion is a no-go for him!) and my parents! So let’s get to it.
- Add witch hazel, vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel, and glycerin to the spray bottle using the funnel.
- Fill the rest of the spray bottle up with the water.
- Add your essential oils. My personal favorite is 7 drops of lavender, 7 drops of sweet orange, and 2 drops grapefruit.
- Shake well before use and enjoy clean hands!
If you think it needs to dry faster, add a little more with hazel to get it to your liking. Also, I particularly loved the smell of lavender and sweet orange, but really it was the antibacterial properties of lavender and grapefruit that made me swoon. Try out a few oil blends of your own and let me know your favorites in the comments!
What are you doing to stay healthy during flu season/COVID-19? Let me know in the comments!